Obituary – Grandma


It is with some mixed feelings that I write this post. The relationship we shared was not a perfect one, nevertheless she’s my granny, and I am her blood. Nothing changes that bond.

I haven’t been in talking terms with her for about 5 years now, but when I did go to see her last night she was already gone, and I felt this strange void for the first time in my life.

Death is a lesson, it teaches life and how precious some relations can be. As for me I messed it up and no denying that. I am the loser here.

I remain anonymous to most on the blogosphere, but there are very few of you who are close to me do know me, and are all abroad, hence this note, as I’m unable to inform everyone individually.

Her remains at the funeral parlor, and we will be taking her to our ancestral village this evening.  

Family & friends overseas, I changed my mobile number last week, if you are reading this you can still contact me on Savithri’s number. I am using that currently.

I don’t know what else I can say….

Peace guys… If you have your granny living with you, consider yourself lucky. You obviously don’t want to be a loser like me… Life waits for none.

RIP Aachi.. May you attain Nirvana… And forgive me for I was never a good grandson… You deserved a better person than me…

RIP my darling.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take care M S. Will call you.

Prabath