For some among us stupidity is a way of life, its in their very DNA. Hence the repeated instances of blatant displays of stupidity and falsehood online.
Sanjana Hattotuwa’s diatribe: A sad but inevitable development in citizen journalism as he plumbs depths of yellow journalism
There are armchair critics and wannabe intellectuals like Indi Samarajiva who cannot be placated at any level. He will complain against the Government for not having a policy, which supports his idiotic views, complain against MR for campaigning during the elections and rarely offer constructive opinions. Now this idiot complains that Shit Fonseka has no A/C in his remand house and treated without super luxury facilities that he would have liked.
"Anoma’s concerned for her husband’s health as he languishes in jail”
“People make fun of Fonseka for requesting A/C in custody, but it’s hot out. He lost half his guts to the war and his freedom to politics. His wife is just asking for better conditions. Not even a vote. That’s where we’re at, in a ways. It’s hot out there, I understand. That’s just the weather. All one can ask for is a little A/C.”
- Stop acting urban, get on the rural: Again, perhaps you didn’t hear about rural masses being from Colombo Seven and all – but it’s a totally rocking piece of united people you can actually bank on. Dump that Colombo elite feedback that even sounds remotely like a victory. And DON’T rely on that Facebook fanpage and that Pre Polls forecast! Those are are totally fake, fool!
- Don’t “fall in love” with Minority politicians: Rauf and Mano will always be what they are- pathetic losers. So if you want to jerk off, let me refer you to www.lovethecock.com – Real gays, real fun!
- Stop telling the media election was rigged: Really? That election was rigged is your standard defense everytime? What if you had won? Would that still have been rigged, loser?
- Apologize to Mahinda and make friends with Basil: Make friends with them NOW and see how it’s done in style!
- Blame it on Eric Solheim: Seriously, if nothing else works, that will.
Can somebody on the blogosphere please explain to me why Indi Samarajiva doesn’t seem to get it? No matter how much public revulsion there is at his blatant displays of stupidity, he just goes right ahead. And each day, the level of shamelessness and stupidity only seems to increase.
This post is dedicated to Sittingnuts, my hero and your villain. I’ve been observing the blogosphere and I am disappointed. At least I can talk of one instance where a blogger revealed naked pictures of another blogger. The fake nature of the picture is a no brainer, yet I think its downright ugly.
- Ranil goes after his agenda that he makes it clear right in the beginning (like Hitler) and it involves targeting certain sections blaming them for all ills of the society.
- Ranil is in-your-face candid about his Batalanda crimes (like Hitler) which people see as a sign of honesty in comparison to other weak and corrupt leaders who push the same agenda but are not honest about it.
- Hitler was tall, with average build. Ranil also has a similar frame, which is a very rare appearance actually.
- Hitler was a devout Christian, who praised Christianity several times during his public appearances. Ranil, of course is same.
- Hitler was a non-veg; Ranil reportedly considers a non-veg diet an essential for his not so sexy body and his sad soul.
- Hitler was the fieriest speaker ever to walk this earth. I wouldn’t go that far with Ranil, but from the video footages, we can conclude Ranil is same. Like Hitler, Ranil practices and spends lot of time on mastering his oratory.
- Both are self-centered individualists: Hitler married his fiancé only during the final days of ww-2; Ranil remained a bachelor for the most part, but was forced to marry Maithree. Both are reported to have no or very little number of close friends. Both come across as too much engrossed in their ‘SELF’ to pay any attention to anyone else.
- Hitler rose to power in the aftermath of the First World War, when Germans needed a strong leader whom they could trust to win back their pride for them. Ranil tried to capitalize on sick Prabakaran’s eelam war. Both rose, because of a community’s insecurity.
- Both invoked regional identities: Hitler did it with the ideals of ‘German pride’. Ranil is doing it with the slogans of ‘Colombo Elite’.
- And when it comes to intolerance of a certain community: Ranil sure goes the same distance with Hitler along this road.