Akon


Seems like I’ve missed the fun involving some practicing Buddhists (pun intended) and a certain Mr.Akon.

I am not embarrassed to admit I hadn’t heard of this guy until recently when I stumbled upon some blogs. So I Googled him. Call me a cave man or even backward, that’s fine. But I honestly didn’t know this chap who seems to be making news these days.

Yesterday’s attack on MTV office should be condemned, and I, Taprobane Uncut, unreservedly condemn this cowardly act. For the record, I don’t like MTV. I think they are idiots, if anything they are full of nonsense. Notwithstanding, I still wouldn’t endorse an attack on them. It takes all kinds of people to make this world a fun place to live. Yes, MTV jokers are important for our existence. They remind us that we have to be sane and not act like the way they do. But an attack on them is uncalled for. That's downright silly. 

When SRK was here to perform we had a similar situation. SRK escaped unhurt, got paid without even having to perform, managed to get some free publicity and sympathy for him, and he WON whichever way you look at it. But Srilanka LOST not to mention the bad press. Why? Extremism if not religious extremism.

Religion is a personal choice; as such it should remain personal. I am not a good Buddhist, but I can tell you if Buddha were alive today he would embrace Akon with love and compassion. 

While I am no marketing guy, I know there are ways to market a country, and I’d think bringing foreign artists and entertainers is one way. I don’t see why it should be stopped.

Some idiots even want to kill Akon.. Really? Why not you kill all your myths about Buddhism, and start practicing it the way it was meant to be?


0 comments: